The CNR-IRPPS of Fisciano (SA) in collaboration with the Ageing Societies research group is recruiting a qualitative early career researcher with a background in the social sciences to work on the recently funded Digital-by-Default project. The overall aim of the project, lead by Emanuela Sala and Emma Garavaglia, is to investigate the consequences of the digitalisation of public services for older people.
Project and job description
The early career researcher will work on WP2 entitled Older people and digital public services: who mediates the relationship? The team working on WP2 is composed of Emma Garavaglia, Elisabetta Ruspini, Tiziana Tesauro.
The researcher with solid experience in qualitative research methods will have to:
1) conduct the desk analysis (for Campania and Lombardy)
2) search the municipalities’ websites for information on the digital support system and organise the information collected in an ad hoc database
3) identify and contact key informants to prepare interview material
4) organise and conduct interviews with key persons in Campania
5) anonymise, transcribe the interviews and analyse the data
He/she will also contribute to the dissemination activities of the Ageing Societies research group.
Skills and competences required
Sound experience in qualitative research; experience in the field of ageing research & ICTs; excellent organizational skills; ability to speak fluently in English and write clearly in academic English.
What we offer
Flexible work arrangements; an enthusiastic work environment with strong international connections; a personalised mentoring scheme.